Updated: Jan 30
There's nothing like taking a BIG bite out of a juicy, sloppy, delicious sandwich! 🤗 This sandwich is so good you will quickly be adding it to your low carb meal rotation. I topped this with a quick cabbage slaw and my pickled red onions and it was perfect. THIS WAS GOOD! 😋
This sandwich kinda just happened LOL! I had defrosted a bag of check breasts and had some leftover breasts that I couldn't figure out what to do with. I knew I needed to use them quickly and my feet were killing me from cooking all-day so I really wasn't feeling like standing in the kitchen any longer. 😩 I decided to put the chicken breast in a slow cooker and cook it similar to the way I make a slow cooker pulled pork. This ended up being a life and food saver, to say the least. It turned out so yummy and when paired with my quick cabbage slaw, my Asian Pickled Onions and a low carb bun... all I can say is YUM! Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it in the comments below👇
2-3 Chicken Breasts
1 bottle of low carb Barbeque Sauce
1 cup of Nappa Cabbage
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
A drizzle of Sesame Oil
salt and pepper to taste
Low Carb Buns
1. Season chicken with Slap Yo Mama seasoning.
2. Place in the slow cooker and cover with 1-2 cups of low carb Barbeque Sauce.
3. Cook covered with the lid cracked just a tad (to let excess water/ steam escape) on medium-high for 30-40 minutes until chicken can be pulled apart easily.
4. Shred chicken using two forks, adding more barbeque sauce if needed.
2. Toss shredded cabbage in dressing and serve.
For the buns: * I used Maria Emmerich's recipe because it's really good. You can find the recipe I use here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread
Try this recipe at home and let me know what you think! ENJOY! 😋
Sign Up For More Recipes & Tips Below