Last week I had the pleasure of doing a live cooking demo of my Orange Cranberry Ginger Muffins just in time for the holidays with EHE Health. These muffins are moist, full of flavor, and most importantly gluten-free and low carb. These are the perfect edition for any holiday menu.
Check out the recipe and video of me making these quick and easy holiday inspired muffins with EHE Health. The taste texture is so good no one will ever guess they are made with almond flour.
Orange Cranberry Ginger Muffins
2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup granulated erythritol sweetener 1/4 cup granulated coconut palm sugar 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup butter or coconut oil (measured solid, then melted; can also use butter)
1/3 cup milk or unsweetened non-dairy alternative
3 large Eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
3/4 cup dried cranberries or 2/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries ( 1-2 tablespoons reserved for the tops
1 tbsp fresh ginger grated 1 tbsp fresh orange zest
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground allspice
A few slices of crystallized ginger (5-6) finely chopped for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 10-12 muffin pan with liners and set aside.
3. Boil 1/2 cup of hot water and remove from heat. Add dried cranberries in the boiling water for 1-2 minutes to soften and plump. Drain them and set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together your dry ingredients: almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and sea salt and spices.
5. In a separate small bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients, eggs, oil, vanilla, grated ginger, orange zest, and milk
6. Mix dry and wet ingredients and fold in cranberries, reserving 1 tablespoon to garnish tops.
7. Scoop batter into muffin liners and top with reserved cranberries and a sprinkling of chopped crystallized ginger. (9 muffins is the magic number for perfect muffins)
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick insert comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy. A few tips: * If not eating these fresh, warm in the microwave for 15-20 seconds - Thank me later * Make 9 muffins in a 12 muffin tin with this batter for the perfect size muffin. * Will last 3-5 days on the counter, and they can be frozen.
Try this recipe at home and let me know what you think! ENJOY! 😋