I've been trying to eat a little lighter these days by incorporating more fish and seafood into my diet. I absolutely love seared scallops! If they are on the menu I'm definitely ordering them.
They are quick and easy to cook with a very mild flavor. The key is to not put too many in the pan AND make sure they are VERY DRY before cooking. Check out my five-ingredient (not counting salt, pepper, and oil) recipe and let me know how you like it!
1 1/2 pounds medium sea scallops
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
3 to 4 lemon slices
1. Soak scallops for 30 minutes in 1-2 cups of water with 3 tablespoons sea salt.
2. Remove scallops from water and place them on a few layers of paper towels and pat dry.
3. Sprinkle scallops with a little salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up the oil.
5. Using long-handled tongs, place scallops in the pan carefully to avoid getting burned by splatter. 6. Let scallops cook for 2-3 minutes without disturbing them.
7. When you can see the edges begin to brown, carefully try to lift and turn scallops to the other side to cook. *If scallops are hard to lift with a small wiggle, they may need to sear just a little bit longer before turning.
8. Remove cooked scallops from the pan and reduce the heat to low.
9. Add in the butter, lemon, garlic, and basil and stig or swirl until fragrant and butter has melted.
9. Add scallops back into the pan and toss gently to coat with the sauce.
10. Serve immediately with your favorite veggies and sides.
Try this recipe at home and let me know what you think! ENJOY! 😋
Sign Up For More Recipes & Tips Below
#keto #ketodiet #foodiefeature #glutenfree #glutenfreeliving #glutenfreelife #ncgs #nonceliacglutensensitivity #momblogger #mommyblogger #blogger #lifestylebloggers #lifestyleblogger #celiac #infertility #ketosnack #easyketo #lowcarbrecipes #healthyfats #weightloss #nolablogger #ketodiet #ketoforweightloss #lowcarb #buzzfeast #bestfoodfeed #nolafoodblogger #atkins #lchffood #seafood