Can’t take credit for this one but it’s one of my favorites 😋 I made a few small tweaks to make it low carb and I made it with blueberries, original recipe uses raspberries.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/8 teaspoon salt 5 egg yolks* 3 tablespoons @Splenda 1/4 cup coconut oil 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk 2 teaspoons lemon juice 1/4 cup blueberries Serves 2 (3 inch round ramekins) Directions: 1. In medium sized bowl, blend together the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl (using a hand mixer), beat the egg yolks till pale and thick (2-3 minutes). Add the sweetener, oil, milk and lemon juice. Beat till combined. If you want, you can mix those last four ingredients together a head of time, and then add them to the beaten egg yolks) Note: Because this is such a small amount of batter, I use a small bowl and just one beater attachment in my hand mixer to beat it.
3. Now, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low till completely combined (again, using a hand mixer). Be sure there are no lumps.
5. Fold the blueberries into the batter. If using frozen berries keep them in the freezer frozen until your ready to fold them in.
4. Fill two small ramekins, each about 3/4 full. Do not overfill or you will have a batter volcano in your oven. I find it best to keep the batter no more than an 1 1/2 inches deep for best texture results.
6. Bake in a 350 degree over for 20-25 minutes OR until the cake springs back some when touched. Rotate half way through baking if the cakes aren’t browning evenly). It’s OK if the center is still slightly under cooked. Keep an eye on the cakes as every one’s oven bakes differently and sizes of ramekins can vary. All these things can affect the baking time.
7. Remove from the oven when done and cool for about 5 minutes. Best served while still warm. Enjoy! 😋
Original recipe found here: http://realeverything.com/guest-post-the-urban-poser-berries-cream-breakfast-cake/