🍲Why not both? This recipe inspired by Bobby Flay gives you the best of both worlds... errr cities 😋
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups dry white wine 1 10 oz can of baby clams 2 8 oz jars of clam juice 1 turnip Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons unsalted butter canola oil 1/2 pound of bacon, diced 2 shallots, finely diced 1/4 cup finely diced celery 2 anchovy fillets in oil, patted dry and chopped Pinch of red pepper flakes 2 tablespoons tomato paste 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Preparation: 1. In a large pan add 2 tbsp. of oil and cook the bacon until the fat has rendered; about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
2. Add butter to the pan and cook the diced turnips until lightly golden brown on all sides, set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the anchovy and chili flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the clam juice and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, add the clams and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the turnips, parsley, oregano, and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the heavy cream and lemon zest.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with bacon and garnish with parsley. ENJOY! 😋