Recipe: 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly-sliced (about 2-3 pounds) a few turns of freshly-ground black pepper salt to taste 8 cloves garlic minced (see note 2) 1 cup chicken broth 1 1/2 cup heavy cream 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated 2-3 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
Preparation: 1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Slice chicken breast horizontally to make thin pieces. Sprinkle chicken breasts with a little salt and with pepper.
3. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, just until slightly browned. Place chicken to a shallow dish and set aside. 4. Next, saute the garlic in a little bit of oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth, and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
5. Whisk cornstarch into cold cream and add to the pot with the Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently to melt the cheese prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
6. After the sauce thickens stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, simmer for 1-2 minutes, until spinach wilts.
7. Add chicken back to the skillet, spoon a bit of sauce over each piece, and let cook on low heat for 2 minutes to warm chicken though.
*Can be served with gluten free or low carb pasta, zucchini noodles or any other vegetable of your choice. **This is a rich thick sauce that will coat veggie and shirataki noodles very well. Enjoy! 😋