I LOVE Parmesan anything! Veal, chicken eggplant you name it. Being gluten-free and low carb kind of kills being able to enjoy it now. Sure I can just top a piece of grilled meat or eggplant with marinara and cheese and its great alternative, but lets be honest, its just not the same. Sometimes you just want/need that crunch and texture. This recipe comes pretty close. Give it a try and let me know in the comments how you like it!
5-6 Boneless Chicken Breast
2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese (in bottle @Kraft)
5 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Blend
1 Tbsp Dried Basil
1/2 Cup Oil
1/4 Cup Milk or Milk Substitute
16 oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes @Walmart @GreatValue (this brand has a low carb count and great price)
5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Bag of Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
1. In a shallow dish mix eggs and milk and set aside.
2. In a second shallow dish mix the Parmesan cheese with 2-3 tbsp of Italian seasoning and 1 tbsp of basil, place next to the egg mixture.
3. Gently pound out each chicken breast until they are uniform/even in thickness.
4. Using your "wet hand", dip the chicken into the egg mixture, coating both sides and allowing excess egg mixture to drip off.
5. Using tongs or your "dry hand" place chicken breast in the cheese mixture, flipping once and gently patting down to make sure the cheese coats and sticks well. Set aside in a single layer of a large baking dish and repeat until all of the chicken breasts are coated.
6. In a medium saucepan add the can of crushed tomatoes, remaining Italian seasoning, and minced garlic. simmer on low heat until sauce reduces slightly and everything has had a chance melt together.
7. In a large skillet heat a few tbsp of oil and pan-fry both sides of the coated chicken breast until golden brown and place back into the shallow baking dish.
8. Top each chicken breast with 2 tbsp of tomato sauce and about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with a large parsley leaf (optional)
10. Serve with your favorite veggies or noodle substitute on the side, which can be topped with the remaining tomato sauce. Enjoy!😋
#ketodiet #foodiefeature #glutenfree #glutenfreeliving #glutenfreelife #ncgs #nonceliacglutensensitivity #momblogger #mommyblogger #blogger #lifestylebloggers #lifestyle #lifestyleblogger #celiac #infertility #ketosnack #easyketo #lowcarbrecipes #healthyfats #weightloss #nolablogger #ketodiet #ketoforweightloss #lowcarb #buzzfeast #ketoguido #chickenparm #chickenparmesan #foodiefeature