Updated: Jan 18, 2020
This salad is so simple and elegant it will quickly become a favorite!
RECIPE: 1 medium tomato, sliced into 1/4 inch slices 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 6-8 fresh basil leaves salt and pepper to taste Serves 1
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into 1/4 in thick slices.
2. Arrange tomato and mozzarella cheese on plate alternating slices.
3. Stack basil leaves on top of each other, next roll them together and with a knife slice across rolled basil to create chiffonade ribbons.
4. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper and basil ribbons.
5. Balsamic Reduction: Place 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in a microwave-safe glass bowl or tall mug. Place mug on top of a paper towel in the microwave and cover with another paper towel to prevent splatter. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and then at 1-minute intervals until it has reduced to 1 tablespoon.
6. Carefully remove and let cool to room temperature then drizzle on salad and ENJOY! 😋
❗Be careful when removing vinegar from the microwave, it will be VERY hot and have a strong aroma.